Monday, October 24, 2011

I think I need to rob a bank

So once I got engaged I sort of switched off from wedding planning - it was just before my birthday, and I was more focused on that. After my birthday we lined up a wedding venue and somewhere for the reception and then we figured that that was enough wedding planning for the time being and organising came to a grinding halt. I did go and look some dresses. That's about all. Now my bubba's 1st birthday is coming and I am more worried about things like her birthday cake and party than wedding type stuff.
I KNOW! I am the worst Bridezilla ever!
So to give me a vague idea of what sort of things I have to organise I found a list on Martha Stewart Weddings of stuff I am supposed to sort out:
  • Band
  • Hair and Makeup
  • Prewedding Pampering
  • Cake
  • Beverages & Bartenders
  • Food & Service
  • Ceremony Musicians
  • DJ
  • Bride's Accessories
  • Dress & Alterations
  • Groom's Accessories
  • Groom's Tux or Suit
  • Headpiece and Veil
  • Favors and Gifts
  • Additional Boutonnieres and Corsages
  • Bride Bouquet
  • Bridesmaid Bouquet
  • Ceremony Decorations
  • Flower Girl Flowers
  • Groom and Groomsmen Boutonnieres
  • Reception Decorations & Centrepieces
  • Invitations and Reply Cards
  • Other Stationery
  • Her Ring
  • His Ring
  • Officiant
  • Wedding Night Accommodation
  • Bridesmaid Gifts
  • Groomsmen Gifts
  • Hotel Rooms for Out-Of-Town Guests
  • Parent Gifts
  • Photographer
  • Additional Prints
  • Wedding Planner
  • Reception Rentals
  • Guest Shuttle or Parking
  • Limo or Car Rentals
  • Ceremony Venue Accessories
  • Ceremony Venue Fee
  • Reception Venue
  • Rehearsal Dinner Venue
  • Videographer
 Oh My God, I think I am going to have to rob a bank to pay for it all. Or else my wedding will be veeeery plain and boring (a band AND a DJ? What must you be thinking Martha Stewart?!)

Eek.




2 comments:

  1. Honestly, i don't know why you would need a Band and a DJ. What does Martha think? that everyone getting married has 1 million dollars to spend? Wedding Planner, don't need it, the same with the guest accommodation.. just ask them to organise it. In regards to the photographer, I like the idea of putting disposable camera's on the tables for the guests to take photos. That way you get to see everything that you probably didn't notice on the day.
    Ceremony Musicians? Get someone you know to play or play a CD.. You have to get gifts for the parents?? okay.. lol You can do this, and you can do it on a budget. i have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, although Martha is God of all things wedding, I think she has gotten a bit carried away with her list.
    I have many many ideas to make things cheaper. *rubs hands together* and most of them involve making all my family and friends work hard for their reception meal. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete