Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wedding dress disaster (literally)

Ages ago (well, who am I kidding, I do it all the time) I used to search through the internet looking for funny things, and ages ago I also loved the movie Titanic, so one day I found this funny website called etiquettehell.com, which I can't access anymore, but the story I want has moved to another website: KissTheBride.com.au - where it can be found here in its entirety:

Titanic Wedding Disaster

But in a nutshell, the bride wanted her bridesmaids to wear dresses like Rose Dewitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) does in Titanic and her mother-in-law said she'd make them. The dresses looked like this:

Source
except she wanted them with a blue underskirt (not coral). After a while, the mother of the bride realised that it was a month before the wedding and the mother-in-law hadn't done anything towards making the dresses.
The on the wedding day with the bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid and flowergirls waiting at the church for the dresses to arrive. Apparently they did arrive, shortly before the wedding ceremony was due to start. This is what they looked like:

Source
Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment