Saturday, April 28, 2012

Decorating a huge mega space without really knowing how...

Trying to think of budget ways to decorate the wedding reception like the tables and the foyer and the actual reception space and I don't know what else. I did write it down.
Actually forget BUDGET ways to decorate - I don't know how to decorate it at all!
Because the reception space *thinks* is more than 100 years old - maybe 115... we can't stick things to the wall except for hooks that can be attached to the picture rail.
So basically I have no idea of how to decorate this enormous space.
Ideas I've had so far are:
Source

Tissue paper pompoms

Source
Geometric paper garlands

Source
Origami balloons

Source 
Fairy lights

Source 
Tulle draped from the ceiling (lighting rig)

Source
 String ball lights (for want of a better/proper name for it)


Source
Source    
Source
Source 
Source

Lanterns. I like lanterns. A lot.

This is just decorating the general space. I have a foyer to decorate too for when people are arriving and just hanging out having a beverage before the wedding reception begins properly. 
And the reception has to match the ceremony location (this is not something I've told must happen, it is something that my inner Bridezilla wants - sometimes I have to listen to her).
Then I have the table centrepieces to figure out, and FLOWERS ARE SO EXPENSIVE. Plus 80+ chairs to make look pretty as the current chairs at the venue are about 60 years old (no lie) and *might* be replaced before Wedding Time, and might not be. And usually people hire seat covers for them, and I don't really want to spend $300+ on having someone put a pretty sash on the chairs.
So if anyone's out there reading this blog - do you have any ideas on how to decorate a massive function space where I can't actually stick anything to the walls. 
Help? Help please?


No comments:

Post a Comment